Monday, March 2, 2009

Would you like to touch my monkey?

I could not sleep last night. Have no idea why. Yes, I was working late, but even still...I stopped working, read a book for pleasure for a while, turned out the light, and just sat there, trying to sleep. So I read some more...until 2 AM. Finally I was able to sleep.

I intended to wake up early and work on my talk a bit, but that didn't happen--too tired, surprise surprise. So I got ready later and headed down for breakfast. Again a good one--sausage, sausage, yogurt and granola, sausage, and some pretzel bread. Yummy.

Then I headed to the conference center. There was a slight mist this morning, but nothing too bad. Got to the conference center, chatted with some folk, did the conference thing...nothing really exciting there.

Know what is exciting though? Two things:

1) Johannes Kepler studied here at the University of Tuebingen, where I'm speaking. I know he's been dead for 400 years and isn't going to hear a word that I say, but still, it feels like some sort of honor.

2) I had the beer that Nina's friend Judy (who spent a semester here at the university) had recommended. I went to dinner with a friend at the Ratskeller and had a Dunkel Hefeweizen. It was mighty good.

After that, I came back to my room, and here I sit, not working on my talk for tomorrow. Motivation isn't high. Partly probably due to being so tired...I dunno.

Anyway, that is all for now, meine freunde.

No comments: